|After Lysippos [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons|
- Always knows what to say
- Can diffuse a tense situation
- Deliver tough news gracefully
- Confident without being arrogant
- Brave but not reckless
- Generous but never extravagant
We owe it to our teams to be the best person we can be. As part of the 2017 Wildland Fire National Leadership Campaign, we will focus on various aspects of leading authentically. In this blog, we focus on the concept of virtues and the fundamental traits of character.
The vast majority of Americans share a respect for certain fundamental traits of character: honesty, compassion, courage, and perseverance. These are virtues. - William J. Bennett, The Book of VirtuesWildland Fire Leadership Challenge - Digging a Little Deeper
- Watch the PBS Crash Course video "Aristotle & Virtue Theory."
- Read The Character-Based Leader: Instigating a Leadership Revolution...One Person at a Time.
- Parents: Consider reading William Bennett's The Book of Virtues with your children.
Download your copy of the 2017 Wildland Fire National Leadership Campaign Reference Guide today!